Lean Six Sigma Coaching and Consulting
We help our clients reduce costs and become the standard of excellence in their industry
Lean Six Sigma Coach & Consultant
As a Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Founder of Lean Coach®, Robert Valentino has established a solid track record as a trusted advisor and industry expert in applying Lean, Data Analytics, Theory of Constraints, and Scrum methodologies to help organizations and leaders at all levels to successfully resolve real-world scenarios through streamlining processes and optimizing workflows; while adding value to their customers.
Through coaching, mentorship, and facilitation, Robert has professionally developed leaders across a variety of industries and continues to be a valuable and reliable resource for strategic leadership and organizational culture awareness.
This highly effective Lean Six Sigma Coach and Executive Consultant has contributed to several organizational wins throughout his career. As an expert in the design and implementation of Lean strategies in time-critical operations, Robert’s organization has trained over 1,000 leaders across 32+ organizations, saving over $32MM annually. He has worked with highly reputable organizations, providing turnaround consulting and leadership training and development on Lean Six Sigma (LSS) fundamentals with live projects.
Robert’s consulting clients are kept confidential, but some of the organizations who have benefited from his training include, but are not limited to:
- Univerity of Utah – Recruited as an Adjunct Professor to design and lead the David Eccles School of Business Executive Education’s Online Operational Excellence Program
- Amazon – Trained over 400 leaders across 12+ fulfillment centers and led one Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course with 3 live projects, resulting in $750K in annual savings
- Mohegan Sun Casinos – Facilitated training for 40+ leaders and led a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course with 3 live projects, leading to $200K in annual savings
- Deckers Brands – Conducted LSS fundamentals training for 60 personnel
- Brenner-Fiedler – Trained 35 employees on LSS fundamentals and led an LSS Green Belt course with 2 live projects, resulting in $100K in savings for this small engineering company
- DeveloPlus – Led a two-day leadership development workshop and facilitated LSS fundamentals training for 20 employees for this healthcare product manufacturer
- Center for Workforce Innovation, Norco College – Conducted training for 15 students/apprentices
- Monarch Beach Resort – Trained 15 employees on LSS fundamentals
As a Site Leader with Amazon Fulfillment Centers, Robert was responsible for over $100MM in annual revenue and $24MM in profit, improving productivity by 8% year-over-year. He designed and implemented Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, and Yellow Belt certification processes across 18 Amazon facilities and orchestrated multiple Kaizen events. These successes include the following:
- Designed and implemented Amazon’s Customer Returns Quality School in three months that reduced DPMO by 64%, improved productivity by 9%, and generated over $4MM in annual savings
- Facilitated three Kaizen events simultaneously in one week, upgrading a Shipping, Stowing (or Put-away), and Quality process that resulted in over $600K in annual savings and led to a follow-up project that produced over $500K in annual savings
- Led a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt project that reduced defects by 73% through improved standardized work, the design of an automated optimization excel model, and the implementation of a versatility matrix for training, which generated over $280K in annual savings from a reduction in labor costs
Before joining Amazon, Robert served as a Production Group Leader with Nth/Works, where he implemented Lean strategies in a precision manufacturing and engineering environment. Within 30 days of joining that company, he improved Weld Cell efficiency by 136%, which eventually allowed the company to eliminate third shift operations and save $350K in annual labor costs.
As a decorated veteran with solid leadership capabilities and a strong service background highlighted by U.S. Army Ranger School and mission-critical combat deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq, Robert is a driving force known for providing strategic direction and launching successful initiatives to achieve any targeted goal.
With an M.B.A. from the University of Utah and a bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership paired with his Lean Six Sigma MBB from the University of Tennessee and LSS Black Belt from Purdue, Robert’s strong educational background, track record, and experience help to round out his expertise in this space, placing him in very high demand. He resides in sunny Redlands, California and remains highly committed to his craft.